HISTORY OF CSI CORLEY H.SEC.SCHOOL...
This school was formally known as Medhodist mission Elementary school before it was commenced as high school. It was upgraded as middle school from 1941. Gradually it was developed from 1943 and became a fullfledged school by the effort of Mrs.Barnas. when it was planned to upgrade this school as high school and it had been decided to keep the missionary cum member of Madras Christian College Late Mr.Francis Edward corley’s name to this school. The first set of pupils of this school were sent for the terminal Examination in the year 1946. Then the Primary School classes from 1 to 5 were eliminated and pupils from classes 6 to 11 were given education.
During the academic year 1978-79 the Tamil Nadu Government recognized and declared the school as Higher Secondary School. In the year 1989-90 the school celebrated its Golden Jubilee Year. Since June 2003 this school became a Co-educational School. Based on Christian tradition and love this school is very honestly making the pupils to serve for the churches and society.
More From Chennai
GTAVM gets into Debating
GT ALOHA VIDHYA MANDIR,Chennai
Agarwal Vidyalaya Matric Hr Sec School,Chennai
Secret of Friendship
Smt.Durgadevi Choudhary Vivekananda Vidyalaya,Chennai
GIFTED ACHIEVERS OF THE SCHOOL
Sri Sankara Senior Secondary school,Chennai
Reserve Bank Staff Quarters School,Chennai